Our Above Ground Safe Room (4×6) is designed to be installed inside your home or business. It is perfect for tornadoes, hurricanes, home intrusions, or other emergency needs.
This FEMA compliant safety shelter is our most versatile product and the easiest to install. Plus our safety shelters come standard with a 36-in handicap accessible entrance, 6’3″ ceiling height and a lockable door.
This model is a favorite for our homeowners or business owners who would prefer not to go down steps or into a small space underground.
The RemainSafe Above Ground Safe Room (4×6) must be installed on any 4″ slab of concrete inside your home or office.
These shelters are hardened structures specifically designed to meet the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) criteria and provide near-absolute protection in extreme weather events.
Near-absolute protection means that based on our current knowledge of tornadoes and hurricanes, the occupants of a safe room built in accordance with FEMA guidelines will have a very high probability of being protected from injury or death.
Finally, all of our safety shelters are designed by engineers and are manufactured in the USA.
- 4’ width x 6’ length x 6’3″ height
- Accommodates 8 family members
- EF-5 rated/ 250+ MPH wind and debris
- Constructed with 5 lbs per square foot channel for internal bracing and 1/4″ external skin
- (3) slide locks – 1″ stainless steel locking pins
- 1/4″ steel plate floor
- Smart Entry (keypad entry) with mechanical override
- Handicap Accessible
- All welds dye tested
- Weighs 2,873 lbs
- Can be installed on an exterior concrete slab
- 20 Year Limited Warranty