New Day Tornado Shelter
RemainSafe is proud to carry the New Day Tornado Shelter product. This dome-shaped shelter is innovative and will protect you from violent tornadoes and hurricane winds. It is FEMA compliant and tested to the highest standards in the industry.
This patented tornado shelter works best inside your garage but it can be installed anywhere there is a quality concrete slab it can be properly anchored to. It’s designed for easy access and takes up less space than conventional safety shelters. It is also one of the most cost effective models available in the industry while providing you with maximum protection.
The New Day Tornado Shelter must be installed on a quality concrete slab, indoors or outdoors. RemainSafe recommends placing it inside your garage, home, or business.
These shelters are a hardened structure specifically designed to meet the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) criteria and provide near-absolute protection in extreme weather events.
Near-absolute protection means that based on our current knowledge of tornadoes and hurricanes, the occupants of a safe room built in accordance with FEMA guidance, will have a very high probability of being protected from injury or death.
Finally, all of our safety shelters are designed by engineers and are manufactured in the USA.
- Accommodates 3 adult family members, depending on shape and size
- Shaped for strength, designed for calm
- Engineered for low-drag aerodynamics
- True protection with above-ground benefits
- Space-efficient in garage; 42″ footprint
- Tall 6′ 6″ person can stand up straight.
- Claustrophobic-friendly” design elements
- Qualifies for FEMA rebates nationwide
- Super-green, patented technology
- Includes door removal tool, ear protection, padded inside, and survival whistle
- Shelter Overall Height: 80″ (6′ 8″)
- Shelter Footprint: 42″ (3′ 6″)
- Shelter Weight: 1,100 pounds
- Shelter Drag Coefficient, 0.63
- Wall Material, SA-455 Carbon Steel
- Wall Thickness, 3/8″ steel
- Wall-to-Dome Connection, Submerged Arc Weld
- Dome Arc Radius: 21″
- Dome Material: SA-455 Carbon Steel
- Dome Thickness: 1/4″
- Door Opening: 24″W x 46″H
- Door Material: A-36 Cold-Rolled Steel
- Door Thickness: 3/8″ steel
- Door Weight: 148 pounds
- Door points of attachment: 6
- Door Threshold: 12″
- Door Connection: Metal Inert Gas Weld
- Lock Bolts, 3/4″ Cold-Rolled Bar Stock
- Anchor Brand, Hilti
- Anchor Type, HUS Removable
- Anchor Dimensions: 1/2″ x 6″
- Anchor Ideal Quantity per Hilti, 7-9
- New Day Anchor Quantity: 9
- Minimum Ventilation per Standard: 6 Sq In
- New Day Ventilation Area: 24 Sq In
- New Day Max Vent Gap: Approximately 1/4″
- Interior Padding: .45″ Closed-Cell Polyolefin, Blue
- Flooring: 1/2″ Anti-Fatigue Mat, Gray
- Lighting: (2) LED Switch Lamps with batteries
- Earmuffs: Up to four (4) -17db rated
- Seating: 7-gallon “bucket seat”