Our Underground Storm Shelter 4×6 (Exterior) is designed to be installed on flat ground outside your home or business. It is completely underground, and other than the top of the door and air vent, it will not be seen or protrude like other shelters.
This FEMA compliant shelter has a user-friendly design and works great for homeowners who don’t have a garage or carport. This shelter provides more space when needing to protect more people.
The RemainSafe Underground Storm Shelter 4×6 (Exterior) must be installed outdoors at your home or office.
These shelters are a hardened structure specifically designed to meet the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) criteria and provide near-absolute protection in extreme weather events.
Near-absolute protection means that based on our current knowledge of tornadoes and hurricanes, the occupants of a safe room built in accordance with FEMA guidance, will have a very high probability of being protected from injury or death.
Finally, all of our safety shelters are designed by engineers and are manufactured in the USA.
- 4′ width x 6′ length x 6′ depth
- Accommodates 8 family members
- Exterior Finish: Two Part Epoxy/Tar
- Interior Finish: White Enamel Paint
- EF-5 rated/ 250+ MPH wind and debris
- Flush lockable door with cylinder shock for easy opening and closing
- All welds dye tested + welded inside and outside
- 1/4 inch steel plate lids
- Weighs 1,600 pounds
- 20 Year Limited Warranty